Medway Model Flying Club Forum For All Enthusiasts Home 

Due to spammers users can only register manually. email alistair.clinton@icloud.com with your full name to register for the forum. A user name and password will be emailed to you.

Club Day and Swapmeet
 Moderated by: colin, admin, AdeH
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 4 September 2017 11:55 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Phil F
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
Thanks , a big thanks to everyone who helped with the Annual Club Day and combined Swapmeet yesterday. The Swapmeet despite being well advertised only had a few boots but was I think enjoyed buy all with a lot of bargains to be had. The Club day had a reasonable attendance by the regular members and all had a good days flying with plenty to eat and drink through the day from the Tea /Coffee bar run by Martin , Mike and cathy , Sue and Barrie and afew others . Thnks for the cakes supplied By my wife Jane and another members wife, sorry cant remember her name but thanks they were great.

An added bonus this year was supplied by Andrew , Imee and Imre  and their families who cooked a fabulous authentic  Hungarian Goulash . They even brought their own design Cooker with a cauldron .  Once tasted everyone had seconds !! Brilliant well done and thank you.

The BBQ cooked Colin and Mike  went well as usual Thanks Guys , but considering we have over 100 members was poorly attended by the club ! and a lot of food was given away as a result . Still a good crowd with neighbouring clubs and families  boosting numbers and making a great day and evening . 
Gary ran a good raffle as usual boosting taking for the Air Ambulance 

The fireworks Brilliantly done by Vid and steve and helpers was a great success .
i haven't a upto date  figure of the Air Ambulance contributions or yesterdays monies  as yet but will post later but the boxes were a lot heavier than when they arrived , will count up at the next club meeting. 
Thanks again to everyone who helped , contributed and supported the day .
(lapping

Phil

Posted: 4 September 2017 09:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Mike Smith
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
Phil
I second that.
As a suggestion, could we have a look at the date the club day is held on. The next day Children go back to School so not the ideal day for the family maybe.
The day was very long. I was pooped. Legs down to stumps at the knees. Maybe we can consider splitting the day into two dates again. Boot sale, Flying and BBQ lunch in Mid August  Then Afternoon flying BBQ / Goulash tea/supper, fireworks in Sept.
We will always be hostage to the weather and the forecast was not optimum. It was a bit windy and the rain damped things somewhat along with the attendance.
Can we pass a motion that the Hungarian contingents attendance is obligatory. Good Gear. Not a technical term used in the catering trade but it says what it means.
A good effort all round I thought.:D
BBQ Mike. Smoking, choking, and smelling.
I will have to take a shower now whether I need one or not!!

Last edited on 4 September 2017 09:53 pm by Mike Smith

Posted: 5 September 2017 08:07 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Phil F
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
"BBQ Mike. Smoking, choking, and smelling.I will have to take a shower now whether I need one or not!!"
It might be early Mike but a shower once a year weather you need it or not is a must ;)

Posted: 5 September 2017 12:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Bill

Mana: 
somebody up there don't like me, I always have some kind of problem to stop me getting there. goulash sounds good, thought someone would have saved me some. never mind, hospital food not too bad. see you as soon as pos Phil.:((

Posted: 5 September 2017 01:19 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Phil F
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
Hello Bill how are you feeling ? Thanks for the Jam  . Gary was worried as he was down to the last two jars !The Goulash was too good to save any ;) 
See you soon 
Phil

Posted: 5 September 2017 08:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Bill

Mana: 
cheers Phil, feeling pretty good, please nobody in the club gets a collapsed lung. nasty

Posted: 7 September 2017 07:47 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Bob99

Mana: 
Glad to here your on the mend bill.We all missed you
See you soonBob

Posted: 8 September 2017 08:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Bill

Mana: 
cheers Bob.:D

Current time is 10:31 am

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1373 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 26 queries executed.