Medway Model Flying Club Forum For All Enthusiasts Home 

Due to spammers users can only register manually. email alistair.clinton@icloud.com with your full name to register for the forum. A user name and password will be emailed to you.

Book to look out for !
 Moderated by: colin, admin, AdeH
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 14 July 2018 09:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Phil F
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
Hi all. Our newest member Marc Hall Is the co-author of a new book being released in September.  See below for preview.

https://fighting-high-books.myshopify.com/collections/2018-books/products/missing-presumed-murdered

Marc has agreed to give a talk at a club night probably during the autumn or winter about his experiences of researching and writing this book.
From Marc ;
"This book is my 4th. My first was Bomber Command Operation Hurricane, (My relatives last bombing missing to Duisburg, he was a gumner on Lancasters and was shot down) the other 2 were short stories which I participated in, Missing Failed to Return D Day and V Weapons. All books are with the same publisher.
This new book was quite exciting because of the war crime and therefore something different especially on the 100 years anniversary of the RAF. You don't see many books on the subject. 
In September we are attending a ceremony at the location of the bridge where the war crime took place. We managed to fund a memorial to the aircrew which was agreed with thr Essen council and the plaque will be fitted to the bridge in where they met their demise."
We wish him well with his latest publication .
Phil

Last edited on 14 July 2018 09:55 am by Phil F

Posted: 14 July 2018 07:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Bill

Mana: 
sounds interesting Phil, but somebody would have to read it to me.

Current time is 07:52 am

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1243 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 26 queries executed.