Medway Model Flying Club Forum For All Enthusiasts Home 

Due to spammers users can only register manually. email alistair.clinton@icloud.com with your full name to register for the forum. A user name and password will be emailed to you.

Electric flight question
 Moderated by: Spe, colin, admin, AdeH
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 18 May 2009 01:16 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
tr7v8

Mana: 
I have a CEN New Timer, it's a high wing pylon job around 54inch span & around 1 1/2 pound with Rudder & elevator. It currently has a standard 400 brushed motor, mounted by the front plate & 8.4 Volt 800mAh Ni Cad. It looks like the speed controller has died & the ni cad isn't fantastic. The question is can I swap the motor for a brushless without rebuilding the whole airframe?

Last edited on 18 May 2009 01:17 am by tr7v8

Posted: 21 May 2009 02:06 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Phil Fearn

Mana: 
Sure can . Have a look on "Giant Cod's "web site he sells all sorts of motors at reasonable prices.you can buy a brushless motor thats a direct replacement for the brushed item ,but if you can change the motor to an out-runner it will have much more torque and be able to swing a larger prop.  For decent duration I would suggest discarding the Nicads and replace with a lipo battery . You will also need a new speed controller ESC for the lipos and three phase motor . A little expense but will be rewarded with better flying times and much more power. Let us all know how you get on

Phil

Current time is 03:14 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1283 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 28 queries executed.