|View single post by Mike Smith|
|Posted: 26 April 2017 05:22 pm||
|Having looked at my next scale project I went into procrastination mode and dug out an old Keil Kraft Ladybird that I've had for about 15 years.
It flew very well in free flight untill I cartwheeled it at one of the Old Warden meetings about 5 years ago. Got home and put it in a box to languish.
The fuselage was broken off at the rear end, the wing tips crushed and the tailplane dowels broken.
I took the covering off and bit by bit rebuilt / repaired it with single channel rudder only R/C similar to the Popsie I fly.
The DC Merlin engine was gummed up but got it freed off and running. This was the first engine I owned and at that time it terrified me. It howled like a goodun in Dads shed.
In the photo I have repaired the wings but the rest was to do. The fin / rudder is only hanging on by the tissue paper.
Attachment: CIG_IMG001.jpg (Downloaded 447 times)
I use "The Force"