Medway Model Flying Club Forum For All Enthusiasts Home 

Due to spammers users can only register manually. email alistair.clinton@icloud.com with your full name to register for the forum. A user name and password will be emailed to you.

Radio's
 Moderated by: colin, admin, AdeH
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 18 March 2021 11:15 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
NormanTurner

Mana: 
Hi all,
So, after a long hiatus in my model flying I am aiming to get back...I currently have a Futaba FF7, 35Mhz.My dilemma is, do i buy a 2.4ghz module (around £75 on eBay from Lithuania!) and then have to buy FAAST receivers which are quite pricey or buy another TX?
If another tx, then which brand should I go for? Seems to be a lot around these days.I want to retain my existing futaba compatible servo's.
All advice gladly received, 
Thanks

Posted: 18 March 2021 08:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Bill

Mana: 
if you are another club millionaire, its got to be a new tranny Norman buy what you need, and get the best, yer cant take it with you. but if like me......

Posted: 19 March 2021 11:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Phil F
MMFC Committee Member

Mana: 
Hi Norman . The challenger is well old and quite limited compared to modern sets  Its still ok to use  35 meg radio as very few now use it so no problems with crystals etc . If you do use it please check for any black wire corrosion and fit new batteries even if the old one appear ok. . It can be converted easily to 2.4 . FrSky  Modules appear to be available from hobby sport at £38 https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-xht-accst-d8-diy-module There may be others available but I have not used them so not sure whats around There are some mid range Futaba or Spektrum sets around for reasonable money. If you go for Futaba you can buy compatible  FrSky Rx's for a fraction of the Futaba price .
If you ask around the club there may be some  second hand sets available . 
 If you go for new give Justin at Rapid RC a call he will get you a good deal and advise on whats currently available . His number is ; 01795-870414.  His shop is on the Isle of Sheppey just over the bridge . Hes got all the building stuff you will want .
Lets hope the 29th is OK to start back at the field . 
PS. Justin may have the above module in stock

Last edited on 19 March 2021 11:36 am by Phil F

Posted: 21 March 2021 10:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
NormanTurner

Mana: 
Thanks Phil,I had forgotten about black wire but it seems ok.Still not sure of the best way to go but plenty to think about now!Hope to see you soonNorm

Current time is 04:49 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1315 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 28 queries executed.